Check out this great piece on incorporating simple, relaxing and meditative practices into your every day!
In her book Self-Meditation: 3,299 Mantras, Tips, Quotes and Koans for Peace and Serenity , bestselling author Barbara Ann Kipfer offers a wealth of inspiration for practicing kindness and breathing in the beauty of daily moments and the miracles that are our lives.
- Let small chores act as a stop sign to “breathe, relax and experience peace.”
- Sit down and “become a human still life.” Don’t do anything. Just breathe.
- When you’re driving, focus solely on that experience. “Feel the steering wheel, the pedals, the seat.”
- “Listen for the quietest sound.”
- Focus on your sense of smell. Take something you’d like to smell, such as a flower or food, and put it up close to your nose. Notice the changes in the aroma. Focus on the sensations in your body as you inhale and exhale. Then try to focus on other fragrances around you throughout the day.
- Focus on your sense of touch. Focus on the sensation of your hands touching each other, “your clothes brushing against your skin, and the air moving across your face.”
- In the beginning of the week, pick an activity you normally do on autopilot, such as washing your hands, applying makeup or getting into your car. Pause for several seconds before starting the activity. Then perform it with your full attention.
Click here for the link to the full piece found on Stumble….